- This event has passed.
Understanding Trademarks with IP Australia
Your brand is your identity. It’s how your customers know who you are – your business name, logo or catchy slogan. The more successful your business, the more valuable your brand becomes so it’s worth protecting.
A registered business name won’t stop your competitors from copying your brand. Only a Trademark gives you the legal right to stop others from using it. Protecting your brand can be one of the best investments you can make but is it the right decision for your business?
In this workshop we explain the basics of trademark protection, what can and can’t be Trade Marked and what to consider before you invest in your brand.
You will learn:
• The difference between business names, domain names and Trademarks
• What to consider before you invest in your brand
• How to choose which goods and services to apply for
• Why and how to search the Trademarks database first
At the completion of the session you will leave with:
• An understanding of Trademarks and how they are an asset to your business
• When to invest in your brand and register for a Trademark
• Knowledge of how to apply for a Trademark, what examiners look for in your application and the associated costs
About the presenter – Janine has been involved in her family operated businesses from childhood, growing up on the family farm and helping with her family-owned national coach line and travel service.
Over the course of her career, Janine has enjoyed creating and developing a number of businesses from start-up, and has assisted other business owners to develop and manage their operations. She has worked in recruitment, childcare, personal and leadership development, business consulting, retail, travel, architecture, construction, and IT.
In addition to her small business experience, Janine holds a Diploma of Business Development and a Diploma of Business (Marketing).
This is an online workshop and places are limited to 20. The webinar will be recorded and made available to those attending.
About Business Connect: Business Connect is a dedicated and personalised NSW Government program that provides trusted advice to help you start, run, adapt or grow your small business.