- This event has passed.
Understanding trade marks
Your brand is your identity. It’s how your customers know who you are – your business name, logo or catchy slogan. The more successful your business, the more valuable your brand becomes so it’s worth protecting.
A registered business name won’t stop your competitors from copying your brand. Only a trade mark gives you the legal right to stop others from using it. Protecting your brand can be one of the best investments you can make but is it the right decision for your business? In this workshop we explain the basics of trade mark protection, what can and can’t be trade marked and what to consider before you invest in your brand.
You will learn:
• The difference between business names, domain names and trade marks
• What to consider before you invest in your brand
• How to chose which goods and services to apply for
• Why and how to search the trade marks database first
At the completion of the session you will leave with:
• An understanding of trade marks and how they are an asset to your business
• When to invest in your brand and register for a trade mark
• Knowledge of how to apply for a trade mark, what examiners look for in your application and the associated costs