- This event has passed.
Talking about… your website
WE KNOW WE NEED ONE – BUT WHERE TO START?
A website is so much more than a passive online portfolio display. It can be a centralised place to showcase services, a marketing tool to share stories, and an educational platform to help clients understand your craft. TALKING ABOUT… YOUR WEBSITE is a practical and comprehensive workshop that examines the best ways for creatives to present their websites, with real-life examples of best practice, and helpful resources for DIY design.
Tips that will be shared include:
– Why? Outlining the goals for your website;
– Making a Site Map and organising the content;
– Do It Yourself or Hire a Designer? The pros and cons of each;
– Choosing the best platform for a DIY website;
– Thinking SHOP not GALLERY.
Resources and links will be shared throughout the workshop to help guide participants.
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
– Lifetime access to a dedicated TALKING ABOUT… YOUR WEBSITE Dropbox folder full of additional resources and workbooks to help continue the learning after the workshop is over;
– Access to additional free webinars to supplement the material covered in the workshop;
– The possibility of further one-to-one business advice, mentoring and support from one of our creative industries business specialist advisors.
All questions are welcome in this relaxed, safe and inclusive workshop. Participants are also encouraged to share their own experiences and network with their fellow practitioners.
Ideal For: Creative freelancers and businesses, arts professionals, creative organisations.
Who is presenting?
Lillie Brown is a freelance marketing strategist and Marketing Manager of Creative Plus Business. Lillie works with small to medium creative businesses to devise and implement marketing and social media strategies that are easy for creative brains to digest. She walks clients through a comprehensive planning process to create simple to understand and actionable strategies to help them fulfil their vision – including Creative Plus Business!
What’s Creative Plus Business?
We’re a social enterprise dedicated to educating creative people and arts organisations about business skills. We help through sharing practical knowledge in a fun and irreverent way, and everything we do is designed to help creatives to feel more confident and comfortable about the entrepreneurial aspects of their creative practice. We believe that a bit of naughtiness, tempered with a kind heart and a big dose of professionalism, is the key to helping creative people understand the boring basics of business.
Accessibility: if you have any access requirements, please email email@example.com
This workshop will take place on Zoom. Click BOOK NOW to register. You will receive the Zoom link in an email from Creative Plus Business prior to the workshop.
For more information on Creative Plus Business, please head to www.creativeplusbusiness.com