- This event has passed.
Interactive workshop on creating business value for manufacturing SME’s using Futuremap
Many manufacturing SMEs across Australia have accelerated their digital thinking over the past year, yet there remains a gap between their initial exploration of Industry 4.0 technologies and subsequent adoption.
Together with the Innovative Manufacturing Cooperative Research Centre (IMCRC), UTS and the Georges River Council are inviting all manufacturing businesses to an interactive futuremap® workshop designed to help manufacturers understand the possibilities of Industry 4.0 and where they are on their digital transformation journey.
Why should you attend?
Whether you are new to digital manufacturing or well on the journey, the futuremap workshop will give you the chance to test your current thinking and internal capacity to digitally transform your business and then have you consider where you realistically aspire to be in the near future.
Interactive and packed with industry examples, the workshop is intended to help you
- think differently about the opportunities and challenges of digital manufacturing
- map the current state of your business with respect to capabilities and characteristics vital for future competitiveness and success, and compare this to where you aspire to be in two years from now
- understand the primary gaps between your current state and your aspirations, to assist you to develop your key areas of focus and potential investment
- learn from other manufacturing SMEs across Australia implementing their own transformation program
- understand where assistance may be sought to help you with your transition to digital manufacturing.
Prepare to be inspired, learn, and grow as you spend the morning assessing and mapping your business’ manufacturing capabilities and characteristics using futuremap®, a business diagnostic tool developed by IMCRC in collaboration with industry partners. As we guide you through futuremap®, you will hear about Australian manufacturers who are already embracing digital technologies to transform their business.
Who should attend?
Senior representatives of manufacturing businesses (business owners, executives, senior managers).
As places are limited, only two participants per organisation can attend.
What do you receive?
futuremap® is a point-in-time business assessment, asking you to reflect honestly on the state of your business. By measuring the “now” against the “aspired-to” maturity in two years’ time, futuremap® helps you to identify areas of areas for improvement and potential investment, summarised in an individual “futuremap” report you will receive at the end of the workshop.
In addition to the self-assessment report, futuremap® offer your access to a broad eco-system of supporting organisations and programs.
Who is speaking?
Simon Dawson, Director Industrial Transformation, IMCRC
Simon Dawson is an experienced manufacturing operations executive who has worked in his 35-year career across a range of different industry sectors including fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), industrial, automotive, rail and medical devices.
Prior to joining IMCRC, Simon led the establishment of Walkinshaw Automotive’s new facility in Victoria. Over a two-year period, he delivered significant improvements to both the financial and people sides of the business.
Spending 15 years of his career in Operations Consulting has equipped Simon with a strong understanding of the links between operational improvements and an organisation’s financial imperatives. As well as driving organisational growth and transformation, Simon has helped many companies to solve tactical business challenges through the delivery of complex improvement programs.
He holds a Manufacturing Engineering Degree and an MBA as well as being Chartered Engineer and Lean Management expert
Privacy and Security
All responses are treated confidentially. Any public reporting of data provided by companies will only be in an aggregated, de-identified form to analyse trends and outline the capability development needs of the advanced manufacturing sector.
- What to have with you? Please have a laptop or device (tablet) that is WIFI enabled. This is essential.
- How to prepare? We encourage you to read CSIRO’s Advanced Manufacturing Roadmap before the workshop.
- What is the cost to attend this event? The workshop is free of charge.