- This event has passed.
Five tips for freelance creatives
FREELANCING IS TRICKY – AND INEVITABLE
Freelancing in the creative industries is a fact of life. Even curious hobbyists and serial employees will need to understand the basics – not to mention those who have chosen to freelance professionally in their craft. Freelance Five is a fast, funny and practical presentation specifically designed for creative practitioners with absolutely no business skills, to help them get the five most important elements of creative freelancing just right.
Participants will learn more about:
– setting goals and planning the self-employment journey;
– understanding and handling money matters;
– the key to managing time better;
– the basic beginnings of marketing, and
– fostering a cheer squad and juggling the realities of combining art and business.
We’ll also share more resources and tax, superannuation and business registration.
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
– Lifetime access to a dedicated FREELANCE FIVE Dropbox folder full of additional resources and workbooks to help continue the learning after the workshop is over;
– Access to additional free webinars to supplement the material covered in the workshop;
– The possibility of further one-to-one business advice, mentoring and support from one of our creative industries business specialist advisors.
– All questions are welcome in this relaxed, safe and inclusive workshop. Participants are also encouraged to share their own experiences and network with their fellow practitioners.
Ideal For: Creative practitioners at every level, from students to professionals.
Who is presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from Creative Plus Business. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the thousands of people that she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses in the last twenty years.
What’s Creative Plus Business?
We’re a social enterprise dedicated to educating creative people and arts organisations about business skills. We help through sharing practical knowledge in a fun and irreverent way, and everything we do is designed to help creatives to feel more confident and comfortable about the entrepreneurial aspects of their creative practice. We believe that a bit of naughtiness, tempered with a kind heart and a big dose of professionalism, is the key to helping creative people understand the boring basics of business.
Accessibility: if you have any access requirements, please email email@example.com
This workshop will take place on Zoom. Click BOOK NOW to register. You will receive the Zoom link in an email from Creative Plus Business prior to the workshop.
For more information, please head to www.creativeplusbusiness.com