Latest Covid-19 update for small businesses – Support Package
The NSW Government has announced an economic support package aimed at helping businesses affected by the current COVID-19 lockdown.
Key features of the package include:
- The business grants program announced two weeks ago has been expanded, with grants between $7500 and $15,000 soon to be available to eligible businesses with annual wages up to $10 million.
- A new grant program has been announced for smaller micro businesses with turnover between $30,000 and $75,000.
- A new business and employee support program will be delivered together with the Commonwealth to provide cashflow support to businesses to help them retain staff.
- Businesses will benefit from payroll tax waivers of 25 per cent for businesses with Australian wages of between $1.2 million and $10 million that have experienced a 30 per cent decline in turnover.
- Commercial, retail and residential landlords liable for land tax will be eligible for a land tax concession where they reduce the rent of their tenant.
Further information will be available on the Service NSW website in the coming days: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/campaign/covid-19-help-businesses.
Fee waivers for small business
The NSW Government has announced an optional deferral of payroll tax payments due in July 2021 and the deferral of hotel June quarter gaming machine tax, with the Chief Commissioner of State Revenue able to provide for appropriate repayment arrangements on a case by case basis.
THE SME BUSINESS OWNER CIRCLE
Would you like to be part of a confidential dynamic forum for small and medium business owners?
The SME Business Owner Circle is a place where individual business challenges/opportunities/goals are presented and with the support of the group, business owners are able to get perspective from which to make wiser decisions, shorten the learning curve and take action positively impacting on their business and leadership. The SME Owner Circle draws on the experience of like-minded peers from non-competing organisations and offers a combination of brainstorming, education, peer accountability and support in a small group setting.
- Online monthly meetings – 2 x 90-minute sessions
- Initial 6-month program
- Experienced professional facilitation using a proven structured approach
I welcome the opportunity to get to know you and understand your needs to ensure you get the best return on your investment.
M: 0402851378 or e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make your business COVID Safe in 3 easy Steps
Georges River council, with the help of the state government is looking to minimise the predicted second wave of COVID-19. In order to do this, Council and the state government needs the help of businesses within our community to become COVID safe.
To do this, NSW businesses are required to:
- Complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Register as a COVID Safe business (with the NSW Government)
- Show that they are COVID Safe (download/display COVID Safe posters, consider methods for contact tracing, share with staff etc)
Please complete he COVID-19 Safety Plan and register as a COVID safe business by clinking on the link COVID SAFE BUSINESS or alternatively please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covid-safe-businesses . Note that COVID-19 Safety Plans have been designed by industry type that can also be accessed by the COVID Safe business website
Should you require any more information please call our customer service centre 9330 6400.